Thursday, December 23, 2021

Test and tree

I started the day early today - we got an email from Mary Cay Brass saying that free COVID self-tests were being given out in Dummerston at the Motor Vehicle Department office on Route 5. I dashed into clothes and left without breakfast - but I was too late. They were all out almost minutes after opening. They said that they would be given out at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital starting at 2p.m. So I came home, had breakfast, and we went to Elysian Hills to find a Christmas Tree. They had a nice one, small but nice, for $48, which was cheaper than the $60 one we saw a couple of days ago and decided against. So we got it and brought it home. But not before I went to Walgreens to get a prescription filled, and to Staples to get card stock, paper and blank CDs. I'm making CDs as gifts this year and was running out of materials. I got down to Brattleboro Hospital at 1:20p.m., well before the 2p.m. opening, but I could see no evidence of a place to line up. A woman in a pickup said it was actually off Canal Street at the place where they have been doing COVID testing, so I followed her. Things got a little crazy as suddenly everyone was cramming into that spot, but I stuck close behind her and by golly, at 20 minutes before two, I was having two test kits handed to me through the car window - two per vehicle was the rule. Who knows whether the people who came at 2p.m. got any! But I was happy - we can now test before our Christmas gathering, and I can share one kit with John if he needs one. Later,I put up the tree and put on lights. It looks nice!
Elysian Hills Tree Farm
Our tree
Test kits

No comments:

Post a Comment