Thursday, December 9, 2021

Stepping back

I got up very early this morning after a not very good nights sleep so that I could have the car to the Subaru dealership by 7:30. They mounted my snow tires and balanced wheels, they replaced the rear brake pads, they put in a couple of headlights, etc. At first I waited in the lounge, but when they decided to fix the brakes, which is a 2 1/2 hour job, I took a courtesy car so I could go home. I had a snack so I could take my pills, and not long after taking the pills I broke out in a cold sweat. Went to bed and got warm. Dozed. Woke up, had lunch, felt better. Subaru called - car was ready. So we have the car, and are now searching for a cook pot for Afghan refugees arriving next week. Turns out nobody sells sauce pans around here! Not even our faithful Brown & Roberts Hardware store! So in desperation we are headed here:
Walmart is in Hinsdale, NH - across the river. Ellen found a pan - not a great pan but adequate.
Crossing the Connecticut River

No comments:

Post a Comment