Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Got a lot done

We just accompished a lot! First of all, I had an appointment this morning with Dr. Brickley. He looked at my foot and said that I have had cellulitis, and that he thinks the infection is healed, but it will take a couple of weeks for the redness to fade. So I need to keep an eye on it. Everything else was fine. Then I stopped at the People's United Bank branch in Newfane on the way back - a branch I had never set foot in, in all these many years I have driven by it. It is very old fashioned - the way banks used to look:
People's United Bank in Newfane *************************************** The reason I stopped by is that I had a good talk yesterday with Katie amd she needs some financial help in helping pay for special fees connected to a new job she has found - she will be working at a cannabis nursery, actually working with plants, and this is a highly regulated business and she needs a number of things to qualify that cost money. She is working temporarily for Door Dash and Grub Hub: food delivery businesses. They pay pretty well, but she still needs help. So I was looking into transferring funds from my bank account to hers. I found out that this would require a wire transfer, which costs $30. But if we did it from Ellen's Bank of America account into Katie's BofA account, it would be free. But that involved a trip to Keene, the closest BofA branch. So that is what we did. We went to Keene after lunch. Ellen stopped at Michael's, we did our business at BofA - that went smoothly - and then since we were in New Hampshire, we went up to Walpole to return some things at Ocean State Job Lots, and similarly at Vermont Country Store. That all went well, and we could check a few items off our To Do list. This is going to be a completely new kind of work for Katie, and also a 4-day work week. So sha will consistently have 3-day weekends, which makes a visit to Vermont possible - fly out Thursday evening and return Sunday afternoon. That was exciting news. The down side of all this is that I missed all three on-line events today - the zoom session of retired clergy this morning, the noon CTS "Reflections" event and the afternoon Centering Prayer zoom session. It's too bad to have missed all that, but I feel good about what we got done.

No comments:

Post a Comment