Tuesday, May 4, 2021

A little jaunt

Last Saturday, May 1st, we took a little trip to Walpole, NH. There are several little features there, including a discount store, Ocean State Job Lot, and an ice cream shop, Walpole Ice Cream, which is very high quality (e.g., the ice cream department at Penn State University asked WIC to come to PSU and teach them how to make ice cream!). OSJL has the largest display of Bob's Red Mill products we have seen anywhere. So we got a good supply of BRM Muesli.  And we got some ice cream at WIC (maple walnut for me, peppermint for Ellen.).  But the high point of the trip was when we pulled up in front of our own house - what did our wondering eyes see just ahead of us but a large black bear and two cubs! By the time I got out the iPhone to try to get a photo, they had disappeared up the hill. What a sight!

Sunday evening, CTS President Stephen Ray spoke via Zoom to the Windham-Union Association - an event I had helped set up. We had a good turnout - about 25 people, and Dr. Ray gave us a lot to think about. The host of the session forgot to push the record button but I wrote Dr. Ray today asking if he could send his PowerPoint notes - I hope to send out a summary and keep the discussion going, and if I am able I'll report on that here. 

Today, Ellen went down to be with Tamar and I stayed home and had a long talk with John on the phone. A good family day for both of us! Later this week is Katie Tolles' birthday - I think we'll get together for that.

Ocean State Job Lot



Walpole Ice Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment