Friday, September 25, 2020

More art work in the bucket

Scott Frankenberger's etchings (see previous post) were just the beginning. There were three more original works of art in the bucket: an Artist’s Proof titled "Roar"  by Marilyn Sabold (c. 16" x 26”) , an etching on brown paper, titled "Reflections," by Donna Girard (c. 30" x 50"), and an oil on canvass (untitled)  by Arleene Sweet (c. 50" x 50"). Marilyn Sabold was a student at Keuka College when I was there, and I found her online as well - she is now living with her husband, Dave,  in a place called the Methow Conservancy near Winthrop, Washington. I don't remember how I came to have one of her works. I haven't connected with her yet, but will try to. I don't know where the Girard piece came from or who she is, but Arleene Sweet is a friend, the wife of my college roommate, David Sweet. David passed way in the 1980s, and Arleene herself passed away a few years ago. Ellen and I visited her in St. Paul before she died. Her painting hung in our living room decades ago. It has since suffered water and mold damage in storage in the old shed and it may not be worth trying to find a home for it. (I've retouched the image below). 


Artist’s Proof of "Roar” by Marilyn Sabold

 
"Reflections" (9/10) by Donna Girard

"Untitled" by Arleene Sweet

Arleene Sweet's painting hanging in our living room about 35 years ago 
with the Crockett and Carnahan families posing for a portrait

Also in the bucket: about 8 or so very handsome New England Bach Festival Posters from the 1980s and 1990s. I just delivered them to the Brattleboro Music Center, who were thrilled to get them.  I sang for 30 years in the New England Bach Festival as a member of the Blanche Moyse Chorale.  Here they are:










There is still more in the bucket! Mostly posters now, or art prints. I'll share them as I photograph them. I called the Hospice Thrift shop today to see if they would take them. I'm doubtful they will, so I'm not sure how to dispose of them. Downsizing is hard! But interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment