Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A nice spot

Yesterday, after Ellen's prayer-shawl knitting-group session (and my WiFi session behind the shed at the church) we went to Chelsea Royal Diner for ice-cream cones. We had our usual - Ellen: Peppermint Stick, and Me: Maple Walnut. My cone had a few less walnuts than usual (usually it's loaded with walnuts, which is why I like it), but it was still good. I sat on a bench while Ellen got our ice cream (but with my $20), and while waiting, I took in what a nice spot the Chelsea Diner has out back. Here are some pictures:


My bench was not under but near some  nice old apple trees


My view from the bench

There is a wetlands behind the Chelsea with lots of cattails


This old farm machinery reminded me of the oats binder I used to ride when I worked on the Ogden Farm outside Anamosa, Iowa back in my high-school days

Earlier today, we both had to get in two recordings to Peter Amidon by 1pm for a virtual choir for next Sunday: Birds in the Morning and Blessed Quietness. We got them in just under (and for me a little over) the wire. But that was OK with Peter. 

Right at the moment, I am at the Putney Public Library, outside on a picnic table, while Ellen is nearby at Elizabeth Christie's place at Putney Commons, having tea. 


Outside the Putney Library

You know, when it comes down to it, we live in a pretty nice place!



No comments:

Post a Comment