Saturday, April 18, 2020

We awoke to snow

When we got up this morning, the trees were covered in snow and it was still coming down. Now a few hours later it has almost  completely disappeared. I guess that’s the advantage of an April snowstorm.

Today, I’ve been working on digitizing the Guilford church Easter service from April 11, 1993. I’m transferring it from a cassette tape onto my computer using the app GarageBand. Ellen and I listened to it on Easter Sunday and it’s a wonderful service. It has a lot of music in it and it is very joyful and lively. So I’m going to see if the church might be interested in putting it up on their website. In the process of digitizing, I’ve edited it down to a little under an hour. 

That project got me into a second one, also involving digitizing a cassette tape. This one is a benefit concert that Marjorie Macrum and I gave about 15 years ago in the Baptist church. It’s really a wonderful concert.
The view this morning


Late Thursday afternoon I got in a pretty good walk - probably 3 miles round-trip: that’s pretty good for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment