Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The snow is piling up!

We had a big snow storm yesterday and it snowed some more during the night and this morning. I had hoped to take a walk today, but it's pretty cold, and with the blowing snow, it isn't too inviting. We'll see - maybe later this afternoon it will calm down.

Yesterday, I didn't go anywhere - just stayed cozy at home and worked on indexing the hundreds of pages I have digitized, a time-consuming job, but one I actually enjoy, for some strange  reason.  I have always liked highly detailed tasks. I guess I would have made a good CPA.

Sunday afternoon we joined millions of our fellow-Americans and watched the Super Bowl.  Paul, Jenny and Max went to the home of a family they enjoy for the first half, so Ellen and I had the place to ourselves for a while. They came back to the condo for the second half. We felt like we were sort of slumming. I have no great interest in Pro Football, and the game was not particularly well-played, but our New England Patriots won, and I guess you could say it was a victory for seniors: Bellichick is the oldest coach to win  a Super Bowl (I think), and Tom Brady the oldest quarterback. Yay, old folks!

Ellen and Max made soft pretzels for a treat - they were yummy.

Soft pretzels waiting for the oven. When they baked, they swelled up and ended up looking more like bagels. Still yummy, though

The scene out the front door of the condo this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment