Saturday, February 16, 2019

A quiet day and supper out

Today was a quiet day indeed! I did listen to the Tarheels/Wake Forest game on the computer "radio," this morning and they won handily, 95-57. Wake Forest is having a bad year. But the game that will determine a lot of things down the line comes up next Wednesday against arch-rival Duke. Duke is a powerhouse this year: #1 in the ACC and #2 in the nation. Not unbeatable, but close to it.If UNC brings their best game, that could be interesting.

I made one trip out today to get kefir and protein powder. My jar of kefir and bag of protein powder was accidently tossed as trash on our return trip yesterday. So I'm starting from scratch.

Paul and Jenny took us out for supper at the local brew pub, Melvins, tonight. Everyone had chicken curry except me - I was afraid it would be too spicy and not sit well. I had chicken satay instead, which was good.

We will stay here through Monday - Presidents' Day - and leave Tuesday  a.m. I talked with Jerry today and they are expecting us Thursday evening. Fingers crossed the weather will be ok across the country next week.

Melvins' dining room -  it's rustic, but the food and beer are good

immense vats - they make a lot of beer!


No comments:

Post a Comment