Saturday, February 2, 2019

More sculptures

I went over to the Alpine Library just before noon today to print out the 10-page index to all the letters I have digitized. I actually had to go twice because the first time, the file on my flash drive was formatted in "Pages," which is the word processing software on the MacBook Air, and the printer at the Library did not recognize that file. I had stupidly not taken my computer with me, so I had to drive back to the condo (about 6 minutes), make a .pdf file of the index, put that on my flash drive and go back to the Library. That worked. Then coming back I stopped to take more photos of snow sculptures, which were on full display for the Winter Jubilee festivities.

The Bull Moose Pub created this sculpture of a moose antler and a 6-pack

This is the Sphinx, but  with a new face - not sure how it connects with the pizza place it is next to

The snow blower got colored up more since yesterday

This is outside the donut shop

The Fire Department did this fire hydrant

When I got back from the Library, a game between Louisville and UNC was on ESPN. They played in January at UNC's home court, and UNC got beaten by 21 points, their worst loss in the 18-year Roy Williams era as coach. So that was a humiliation.  Today they were playing in Louisville, and  it was a whole new team. They dominated the entire game and won 79-69. That was satisfying. Now they play North Carolina State  next. NC State lost today in a humiliating loss to Virginia Tech - 43-23. That's right, NC State scored only 23 points in the entire game! That is pretty pathetic. So NC State will be hoping to redeem their reputation by coming to Chapel Hill and upsetting UNC! Look out, UNC! They cannot go into that game thinking, "this should be an easy win."


No comments:

Post a Comment