Monday, February 23, 2015

Adjusting to being home

Well, we've been home three days. They have been full days. Saturday I had to prepare for choir and church on Sunday-the regular pastor has pneumonia and I was needed to lead a short memorial for two long-standing older members who had died at the end of January but storms had caused church to be cancelled the first two Sundays of February. Then later in the day we went to Massachusetts and saw a movie - Still  Alice - and then went to Katie and Savanna's to watch the Academy Awards which we couldn't get on our TV.

Today I did a whole bunch of errands - post office, downloaded email and sent one to the choir (my computer is magically working again - what's with it?), got a new nozzle for the sink sprayer, tried to renew my driver's license (my birthday is coming up in a week ) but the camera was down at the DMV, went to the pool- first time since getting back, picked up a brochure for the spring Osher Adult Ed courses. This evening I went to a bass section rehearsal for Handel 's Samson. Fun choruses! I also picked up a score for the Mozart Requiem. Next Sunday the Brattleboro concert choir is doing a read-through of it, and I 'm doing the bass solos. I did them for a BCC performance of it 25 years ago and Susan Dedell asked me to do them again. So I'll be working on them this week! I also picked up all the federal tax forms at the IRS office today. Time to get all the information needed for taxes organized. No shortage of things to do!

Here's a couple of glimpses of snow around the house:

There's a propane tank buried under there somewhere that has to be filled pretty soon!  I 'll be doing some shoveling! Good grief! 

Here's how it looks in front of the house where the plow has pushed up the snow. How long will it take for all these piles of snow to melt? June? July? Actually, once we get warm spring rains, it disappears pretty fast. I 'm guessing it will be gone by early May at latest. But I bet we'll still see a lot of snow on Easter. 

Next Tuesday is Town Meeting day in Vermont. Often the ground is bare on that day and sugaring is well underway - not this year!

It's going to get very cold tonight- maybe the coldest yet. Gosh, what  a winter (of course we missed six weeks of it!!) Spring is only 25 days away!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment