Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Pulmonary Function Test

I just had a PFT at the hospital in Brattleboro. It involved sitting in a little stall, and breathing into a mouthpiece that was hooked up to a computer. I went through various exercises that included breathing in and out rapidly, panting, holding my breath for eight seconds, etc. After a while I used a nebulizer for five minutes and then did everything again. The whole process took about 45-50 minutes. It was not particularly strenuous, but it did require focused attention and some physical effort. The technician who administered the tests, whose name was Mary, was very kind and helpful. The tests will be sent to a pulmonologist in Keene and results with his analysis will be sent to my PCP, Dr. van Dyke. So, we'll see.
This is exactly what I was sitting in during the tests. Genders reversed!******************************* After the test I dropped by to see Jerome, came home, had a bit of lunch, and worked on Spelling Bee. Now in a bit we will go to a sing led by Andy Davis - pub songs - and after that drop by to see John and Cynthia.

No comments:

Post a Comment