Saturday, August 6, 2022

Farmer's Market Day

Saturday is Farmer's Market day in Brattleboro, and I have not gone to the Farmer's Market yet this year - but I went today, with Ellen, and we met Katie, Savanna and Brendon there! So that was an event! Savanna is not completely out of the woods, but she is feeling a lot better and felt well enough to come up to Brattleboro for this. We had croissant and coffee. there - yummy!
A little bit of the Farmer's Market.
Katie and Savanna. ******************************* There were a lot of people there, but I saw only three I knew, one of whom, Kathleen White, I had not seen and talked with for a long, long time. So that was very nice. Kathleen was the first person to receive the "Unsung Hero" Award in Brattleboro, given by the Brattleboro Area Interfaith Initiative. It was for her 35 years of work as a public nurse, and very well deserved. I used to see her quite often singing with Hallowell and going to the bedside of dying persons to sing - often she would be there also.
Kathleen White, "Unsung Hero." *************************** After spending some time at the Farmer's Market, K,S & B came with us back to the house. It was warm today, but it was fairly pleasant at the house. We had a little snack that Ellen prepared and we had a chance to visit more. Later, I had a visit with John on the phone. I also tried to address a problem we are having with our water system. I think our pressure tank is waterlogged, but I'm not sure. Zach came up with an air pressure tank to see if we could add air to the tank, but I'm not sure I did it right. It didn't help. We may need a new tank. It may be hard to get a plumber to come right away, and we are leaving for Alpine in five days. Right now I am turning the pump off and on manually because the pump just goes and goes and doesn't shut off. I don't want the pump to burn out. John may be able to come over tomorrow and help me - he understands it better than I do, and he has a compressed air tank, which I do not have.

No comments:

Post a Comment