Sunday, August 14, 2022

$3.49!!

We just filled the tank with gas selling for $3.49 a gallon. That is a lot cheaper than it was when we left Vermont. I think the best we could do on Saturday would have been $4.29 in West Brattleboro. Actually, a bit down the road from where we filled up just now, it was $3.44. It's interesting, because the log book I'm keeping of our travel costs, has in it an earlier trip to Chicago in 2013 - the year my brother, Stewart, died. On that trip, gas was $3.75 a gallon! I had totally forgotten that gas was almost as expensive that year as it is today in Vermont, and was more expensive than it was today in Ohio! I don't remember the price of gas being as politicized back in 2013 as it is today.
Gas today in Archbold, Ohio at a Marathon Gas Station

No comments:

Post a Comment