Monday, June 6, 2022

Women’s Chorus

Sunday afternoon we went to a concert of the Brattleboro Woman's Chorus, held on the grounds of the Retreat, the same area as the Thursday Food Truck Roundup. The singers were masked and the audience was fairly well spread out, so it was pretty safe. You brought your own chair or blanket. There was a bit of confusion between Ellen and me - we came in separately and didn't find each other until the concert was over. She dropped me off and then parked. I came in and went to the far side where there was some shade. She came in while I was setting up my chair, and though we both looked for the other, we never could see the other. I was worried, but finally decided she must be there somewhere! It was a pleasant concert but the repertoire was not my favorite kind of music. Sort of bland and uplifting in a vague way. But it was a beautiful day, and sitting there and just letting the music wash over me was very pleasant.
The BWC ****************** We stayed and got supper at a food cart. Then we went to Andy and Robin's for a movie. We watched Lincoln with Daniel Day Lewis, which I had missed when it came out in 2012. It is very gripping; very relevant today. It is focused on the process of getting a positive vote on the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery in the House of Representatives. It is basically historically accurate. A really good choice!
Lincoln poster***************+++++++++

Before the movie, we watched a video I brought of the debut performance of Tony Barrand's song, Shirley of Giilford on March 10, 1991 at a church event in the old fire house. It is fascinating to see people 31 years ago, many no longer living.

No comments:

Post a Comment