Thursday, June 16, 2022

Quite a bit of singing

This week we had two singing sessions outdoors at the Westminster-West Church - Tuesday evening we had a River Singers workshop led by John Harrison, a Montpelier-based Gospel Choir leader who has come down to River Singers and led workshops many times over the years; and this evening, we had a Hallowell Rehearsal in the same spot. Since they were outdoors - NO MASKS! - a lot more fun singing! John Harrison is always fun to work with; he has a quirky sense of humor always just under the surface. Tonight, Peter Amidon and Mary Cay Brass both led and we sang a lot of favorites. There was a good group tonight too - over 20, maybe even 25.
Our leaders in River Singers: Mary Cay and John Harrison********************* Today was Savanna Day, and we went to Shutesbury early this morning and Ellen got Savanna to her treatment in plenty of time. I stayed at the house, and did something I have needed to do for some time: download new software for the computor connection with the iPhone. For some time now I have been getting a dialogue box saying I needed to download an upgrade. At the same time, when I have uploaded photos from the phone to the computer, I have always had three, four, five which did not upload. I figured that the upgrade would fix that, so since I had WiFi and a faster connection there, I clicked on INSTALL. It took about 30 minutes. With this upgrade I took about 40 shots of some files I brought with me to archive. Figured that I would get them all into my photo archive, but - what?? - 27 of them failed to upload! The upgrade made the problem WORSE!. Bummer! Not sure what I can do about that! This afternoon I watched the January 6th Hearings - probably the most powerful one yet. It was a very sobering, detailed account of how Trump bullied Mike Pence to subvert the counting of the electoral college vote, even after Trump was repeatedly told by his own staff that what he was doing was illegal. But he refused to listen to that and chose to listen to a crackpot, John Eastman.

No comments:

Post a Comment