Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Cardiology

Today, I had an appointment with a new cardiologist, Dr. Antoine Soueid. Ellen came with me. I had actually met him before, during my stress test a few weeks ago. But I'm not sure I was actually introduced to him by name at that time. For probably 20 years, my cardiologist was Dr. Burt Tepfer. I liked him very much. He was sort of laid back, which I liked. Dr. Soueid is not laid back, but he seems very capable. He has thus far not found any heart-related issue that explains my shortness of breath. But I have one more "test" - I'm now wearing a "Zio" patch which will record my heart activity for a week. I have an accompanying book in which to record "incidents" like shortness of breath or irregular heart rhythm, dizziness, etc. So, we will see.
Dr. Soueid
Dr. Tepfer***************** After the appointment, we went to a memorial service for Dee Keller, someone I got to know quite well back around 2005-2008, when I was Moderator of the Association and she and her husband, Bob, served on the Executive Committee. She is one of the most supportive people I have ever known. She died over a year ago, but COVID delayed her memorial service. I learned from family members and friends who spoke even more about what a remarkable person she was.
Dee Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment