Saturday, June 4, 2022

Down time

We are enjoying what I would say is well- earned downtime. It's a beautiful day, sunny, cool, a little breezy, and we're sitting on the deck. I've just finished my breakfast even though it's afternoon, and we've been working on our word games. We may go to an outdoor concert of the Brattleboro Women's Chorus at the Retreat at 4pm, but are definitely going to a cookout at John & Cynthia's. A nice summery day. Yesterday we went to Concord Hospital to see Jerome. Quite a change there. He is more lucid and was doing mild Physical Therapy in the bed when we arrived. He is eating a bit. His team is now talking about building him up and discharging him to rehab in Keene! I learned that he has New Hampshire Medicaid, not Vermont, which is surprising, but does explain some things - like why he was sent to Concord, NH in the first place! But I don't remember him ever saying he lived in New Hampshire, though he did work in NH. So I guess we'll just hang on for the ride! The roadside flowers are beautiful right now. Here are some wild geranium from a walk on Thursday:
Wild geranium on Leonard Road in Shutesbury.
Roadside wildflowers from the car - mostly daisies I think. At one point on our ride to Concord we saw three different colors of lupine - purple, yellow and red! Unusual! Coming home we varied our route a bit and went through downtown Henniker and Hillsborough, NH, which I have not laid eyes on for years. We got ice cream at Super Scoops in Henniker. I got Rum Raison, a favorite flavor, but it was weak in the rum department. More like Vanilla Raisin. It was still good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment