Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Attending to health

Yesterday and today I was attending to health issues - heart and COVID. Yesterday I had an echocardiogram at Brattleboro Cardiology Center (located at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital) and today I got my second COVID booster shot at the Walgreens pharmacy in Bellows Falls. An echocardiogram involves using ultra-sound to form an image of the heart; it is especially useful in seeing how the heart valves are functioning, whether there is any regurgitation of blood back through a leaky valve, and whether there is any problem with the heart muscle function. I was there about an hour in all, but the test itself was probably about a half-hour or a bit more. I could not see the screen easily, but got a glimpse of it if I tilted my head up a bit, and I heard the sound my heart makes now and then - sort of a slurping sound of blood moving through the heart. Kinda weird! The technician who performed the test, I learned, also works at Bay State in Springfield; she is part-time in Brattleboro. That's where Savanna is getting her treatments, and where Julie Feinland works. I will probably get the results of the test when I meet with the cardiologist, Dr. Antoine Soueid, in two weeks. I have never met him before. Today, we drove up to Bellows Falls for an 11a.m. appointment for a booster shot. That all went smoothly. We stopped at Allen Brothers on the way back for cider donuts - our favorites in that category - and then picked up a precription at Walgreens in Brattleboro. I would have gotten the booster in Brattleboro, but Bellows Falls was available today, and Brattleboro was not available until next week. We plan to go to Savanna's tomorrow. I'll listen to the Celtics/Warriors game on the Radio App on the phone tonight - it's pretty late to watch at the Bergh's. We could go to Katie and Savanna's tonight, I guess, and then stay overnight, but I think Ellen prefers to go down first thing in the morning.
Walgreens in Bellows Falls
Vaccination proof!********************************************** I am gradually getting back to having a working wallet after losing mine last week. I have two new cards - debit and credit, and one more should arrive soon. I have temporary duplicste insurance cards; permanent new ones are coming. I have an appointment at the VTDMV for a new Driver's License next week. I am not carrying a wallet in my hip pocket any more. I already had a pouch that goes around the neck; it has two separate, zippered pockets. That's what I'm using, for now at least, as a wallet. I'll see how I like that. It feels safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment