Friday, June 8, 2018

This piano's going to roll!

Forty plus years ago, I rescued an old upright piano from my friend Calvin Farwell's barn where it had languished for years after the closing of Camp Arden. I had new ivories put on the keys and had it tuned and it has served me well for four decades, mainly as a  tool in learning choral music parts. It has been about 30 years since it was last tuned, but I can still play my bass line along with a CD and it is right on pitch. However, when we move, which we will have to do eventually, there will be no room for an upright piano. So I'm donating it to Green Mountain Camp, which is a couple if miles down the road. I was thrilled they were willing to take it - it's hard to get rid of an upright! I will pay for having it moved and tuned, so it is a true donation. The movers will come next Thursday.

               My old upright piano - I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment