Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A litte hike up the mountain

John came over this morning and we took a little hike up Black Mountain - not to the top, but up a trail that goes through some groves of mountain laurel. We were hoping that we would see a lot of laurel in bloom, but were disappointed in that. Maybe some other parts of the mountain are more prolific than this particular trail. But we had a good time together and sat on some rocks and talked for a while before coming back down. Between his fatigue from his Lyme disease and my chronic joint aches, we were content not to push very hard.

However, later in the day I went over to the storage unit and cleaned it out, and brought everything back to the house and stacked it up in the corner where the piano was. No need to pay $43 a month any more. I can go through it, sort, dispose, etc.,  from the house, I think, now that some space is opened up.

We'll be leaving soon for Wyoming, so I'm getting some of these things done before we leave.

A selfie of John and me at the end of our hike

A closeup of the laurel right in our own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment