Thursday, June 14, 2018

So long, piano

The movers were here at 7.m. sharp this morning to move the piano. I was ready for them. It took them little time to get a dolly under it and roll it out the door. The disconcerting thing was that they arrived in like a 40-foot moving van! I was pretty sure that at Green Mountain Camp they would have trouble getting up on to the hill where Hildreth Hall is located. Matt, the driver, agreed - he remembered taking a piano there once  before, years ago. I called  Billie, the director, and appraised her of the situation. The moving guys said they could take the piano, but would have to change trucks and deliver it later. I felt badly about that for the GMC folks' sake. But I called GMC later in the morning and learned that the guys had decided to go check it out, discovered the road up to Hildreth had been widened, got up it ok, and the piano was all in place! Yay!

The piano this morning at 7 a.m.

Out the door it goes!


Over the stones...


Up the ramp...

....into this HUGE van



Leaving an empty space in my study!


With the piano gone, I was able to take up the oriental carpet that has been on the floor for almost 4 decades, took it up on to the deck and gave it a thorough vacuuming. Later I will shampoo it. Then I thoroughly vacuumed the walls and floor in the study. I will miss the piano but so glad it has a new home where it will be used and appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bro.Larry. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being a minister as well as a Professor who loves to sing and desires an abiding faith in God's presence. I am truly blessed to know you. The Piano story speaks of your love for music and singing. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your contact or church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. It would be so great to see you visiting us and encouraging the body of Christ with your rich experience in the Word of God. I am sure this would be a rewarding time for us and you too. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you,your family and friend also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Diwaker,
      Thank you for your lovely comment. It is good to know of you and your important ministry in Mumbai, and I will be praying for you and your work. The Young people in our church go both to a village in Kenya, and a Native American reservation in South Dakota for mission experiences, which are powerful. Please pray that our country, the United States, can be led out of the terrible wilderness we are currently wandering in under our current leadership.

      Your brother in Christ,
      Larry

      Delete