Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Bath, ME

We left Owl's Head late this morning and now are in Bath, ME. Ellen is at the yarn shop and I am in the Cafe Creme, waiting for her. Yesterday, I visited the website "Librivox." It is a source for audio books in the public domain, read by volunteer readers. I downloaded a volume of British short stories by various authors, A. Conan Doyle, R. Kipling, J.M. Barrie, etc. On our way down we listened to A Cauldron of Oil, by Wilkie Collins. It was quite engrossing and just the right length to get us to Bath. An interesting addition to our arsenal of things to do in the car while traveling.

Yesterday evening, the four of us, Jim, Mary, Ellen and myself, went to the movie, The Rider,  which Ellen and I had already seen in Amherst, but were eager for Jim and Mary to see. I enjoyed seeing it again (especially on a big screen)  but it proved to be a bit too slow and long for Mary's taste. Jim seemed to like it. It is definitely slow and long. There are many minutes  (maybe as much as a third of the entire film!) of just looking at the face of the cowboy, Brady, who has suffered a serious head injury in a fall from a "bucking bronco," and can never ride or do rodeo again.  His face is easy to look at, but I can see it would not be everyone's cup of tea.

At Cafe Creme


No comments:

Post a Comment