Monday, June 8, 2015

Frustration

I called Apple Support today to see what I needed to do to restore the camera function to my iPhone. When I bought the phone, I paid for Apple Care+, and according to my phone (you go through Settings and put in your serial # and it tells you the status of your technical support contract), I'm good for support till May 2016. But when I talked with an Apple support guy he said his computer was telling him that my support contract had expired and he wanted to sell me a $149 contract to activate my support. I said "No way." So I couldn't get any help from him.

What happened is that now and then, the screen on my iPhone "blows up" - i.e., everything gets really big, and when that happens it is virtually impossible to reboot the phone because you can't slide the bar to turn it off. So I was doing everything I could think of to get it to turn off, and in the midst of that effort, I touched the "X" on the camera icon accidently when it was "jiggling," and when you do that, it deletes that icon. And I don't know how to get it back.

So meanwhile I have to take photos with my camera or with my iPod, load them into my computer and then upload them on to the website. And I can only do that with my computer when I'm at a WiFi hotspot 'cause I can't do it at home. So I'm frustrated! Not sure how I'm going to get this resolved.

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday:

The Guilford Church yesterday. Diane, a lay member, is reading scripture. It was communion Sunday.

 

  It was a wonderful service for me, full of memories of Shirley.

The shed  even more stripped down
John and Cynthia put in time dismantling more shed. John is going to use the lumber to build a little "hermitage" - a small 9x12 little house - that he can use on their land as a meditation retreat. I am so glad that some of the lumber can be put to good use. As you can see, the basic structure of the shed is leaning to the left, which is one reason it has to come down.

Today I really took it easy. I just didn't feel like doing much. I'm cleaning out what we call the "sauna" but has mostly been a store room. We call it the "sauna" because when we built the house, we had it insulated and wired for a sauna, but never finished it. When John was home it functioned as a darkroom and he spent many an hour in it developing and printing photographs. I even learned how to do that and really enjoyed it. But for decades it has been a store room for my "stuff." Now I'm trying to empty it out. It's quite a process. Today I got out two metal cases of old slides and then sat in bed going through them. That's about what I was up for today. There were some amazing old slides I hadn't seen for a long, long time. Some I hope to scan and put up on this blog. The other thing I did was to take down off a shelf scores of old posters and prints that had been rolled up and stored ages ago. Some real treasures there! What to do with them? I looked at them, threw a few away, rolled them up, did some labeling, and stored them vertically in a big bucket. Not sure what that accomplished! Probably some blog material there too. 

Tonight I finally went out, went up to the Dummerston church office, made copies of music for a memorial service for Esther Falk, sent out an email to the choir for that service, called the key people who need to plan it, uploaded some photos for this blog, did some on-line stuff. Then I came home and did the dishes. I was very moved by a couple of posts Betsey put up on Facebook today, expressing her love and appreciation for Rob and Katie. Beautiful pictures. Betsey seems to  have had a wonderful weekend at her Wellesley reunion. 

1 comment: