Thursday, June 11, 2015

A few more slides

Here are some more scenes of NYC from the 1950's. I love these photos. I can't believe that I actually took these photos and that they have held up so well for 60 years!  A real tribute to Kodachrome film!  Ektachrome did not stand up very well.

I wish I could put side by side one of these scenes and then one from the same place taken today. That would be really fascinating.

REMEMBER - click on the photo to see a larger version. 

Washington Square

Times Square at night - long exposure

Times Square at night, normal exposure, opposite direction

Lower Manhattan with Staten Island Ferry

Taken from the 55th floor of the GE Building - where Shirley's father had his office. I don't know the name of the building in the center.

UN Building and East River
Looking south from Lexington and 51st Street (the G.E. Building) with Chrysler Building in foreground

Sandwich-Board Man outside St. Paul's Chapel in Financial District


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful shots! I see a new book in the making. A photographic essay.

    ReplyDelete