Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taking it easy

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN: We're in Alpine at Paul and Jenny's. We got here at about 6pm yesterday. The drive from Laramie to Alpine - about 430 miles - was mostly fine, but there were some periods of blowing snow and near white-out on I-80, which is not uncommon. I-80 is notorious that way. But by the time we got to U.S. 89 going up to Alpine, we were treated to beautiful views of freshly-fallen snow against the blue, blue sky.

We had a lovely supper Jenny had prepared and talked pretty late into the evening, getting caught up on everything. Max goes to school in Thayne on a bus each day and seems to be liking school. We're wishing we could be flies on the wall in his classroom.

I'm taking it easy today. I may not be entirely free of the bronchitis and I'm also adjusting to the altitude.

Blowing snow
Near white-out

Scene in beautiful Star Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment