Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Orthopedics

Dr. Elizabeth McLarney

 Checking off my list of medical appointments - today it was Dr. Elizabeth McLarney, orthopedic surgeon, widely regarded as one of the best. Dr. McLarney did the quad tendon attachment about 12 years ago on my left knee. This time it was all about my shoulders. It was sort of shocking to see my right shoulder X-ray - I basically have no rotator cuff. The ball is out of the socket and grinding on the bone above it! No wonder it's painful! We decided on a cortisone shot. We'll see how it goes with the right shoulder and possibly do the left as well. I also am to ice my shoulders every evening, do basic exercises and use an anti-inflammatory cream, voltaren. It will be great if I can get back some use, have more strength, and have less pain!





No comments:

Post a Comment