Sunday, January 17, 2021

No Power!

We had a wet, heavy snow Friday night that weighed down the trees and caused a power outage that started early Saturday morning and did not end until this afternoon (Sunday). This was unexpected and caught us a little unprepared. We have the wood stove for heat, as well as the propane fireplace insert, so we were fine that way, but flushing and refrigeration were an issue. Actually we only lost a couple of food items. We cooked on the wood stove. I usually take shower before bed to warm up my feet, so I had cold feet Saturday night. Our cell phones were pretty low Sunday morning so we postponed church and I gave up Torah study. Otherwise we made out ok. I was glad when we got out power back. Not the robust pioneer I used to be, I'm afraid.


Looking out at the storm past the Christmas tree (which is still up!)


No comments:

Post a Comment