Saturday, December 19, 2020

cell phone issues

We are having problems with our cell phone. It's storage is full and nothing we can figure out to do seems to solve the problem. It says we have 15.2 gigabytes of photos on it - that's  huge - and I have no idea what  those could be. We deleted everything we can find. So I'm sitting here waiting for a Consumer Cellular rep  to help me. 

Later:  I got Consumer Cellular and they said call Apple Tech Support. I called them and they couldn't help me because the phone needs to be connected to WiFi and I don't know the password here at the church - my computer remembers it but I don't. So I'll have to get that from somebody. 

Later:  I got the password from Carol H and the phone is now backing up to iCloud. We'll see if that does the trick. 

Me on hold

Later:  It's been about 45 minutes and it's still backing up! It says "23 minutes remaining" -- Good Grief!

Later still: I finally had to abort the back-up. It was taking longer than I had to give it. At first I thought that I had done nothing to solve our storage problem, but the next day, when I checked the iPhone storage numbers, that 15.2 gigabytes mentioned above had dropped to 10.3. So I gained almost 5 gigabytes of space on the phone, which essentially solves our problem. We were having the frustrating experience of making a recording for a virtual choir and having the recording interrupted by an announcement that we were out of storage space. Eventually, I'll come back to the church and finish the back-up. But we're fine for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment