Saturday, December 19, 2020

Big storm!

We've had our first big snow storm of the season - it started Wednesday night and continued into Thursday, and we got about a foot-and-a-half of snow. It blew a lot during the storm so it is hard to find an accurate measurement. We heard of other places where it was over three feet! It stopped snowing by early afternoon, but we didn't get plowed out until about 2a.m., Friday morning. So we went nowhere on Thursday. I was very grateful that John had come over and cleared stuff off the deck before the storm. 

I put lights on the tree, finished writing my Christmas letter, recorded some tracks for the Guilford Church and studied for a new study group - I've decided to try Torah Study with the local Jewish Community, led by Kate Judd, who is a Cantor and serves as the rabbi, though she is not officially one. She used to sing in the Blanche Moyse Chorale, so I've known her a long time. It will start this Sunday, at 11:30a.m. - right after church. The lesson is roughly Genesis, chapters 44-47 - part of the Joseph story. I'm looking forward to it. 



The snow at the Dummerston Church, where I am parked at the moment. 


1 comment: