Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Quiet

Today has been quiet. Not much new to report. I slept late after a restless night, ate bfst about noon. I've been working on taxes, even though the deadline is extended. Lots of time available, so I might as well use it. Ellen took a little walk with Eliza and the girls.

I realized that what Tristan Crockett has been reporting on re family members is a DNA testing site called "23andme." So evidently he was tested and has been hearing from dad's relatives who have also been tested. That brings some people out of the woodwork that we might not otherwise have been aware of. Interesting! Maybe more will emerge.

One person he heard from was a daughter, Jane, of J. Carl Williamson (son of dad's sister, Annie). I knew about Jane - I had  met her at the Williamson Family Reunion. I was able to send him a slide dad took of J Carl (and me and mother and one of J Carl's children) back in 1946! It was taken on Lookout Mountain, TN - a fairly short drive from Bremen, GA where we were visiting for Grandma Crockett's funeral:

J Carl Williamson, a grandchild?, me and mother, 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment