Saturday, February 18, 2023

Fiddler on the Roof

Last night we did something Ellen and I have never done before! We went to a Brattleboro High School Musical production. When John and Betsey were in high school (45+ years ago) Shirley and I went regularly. But I haven't been in the high school auditorium for ages. Nan Tierra spurred us to go; some Guilford Church folks had children in the orchestra. We sat in the front row right in front of two of them: Cara Fischer and Genevieve Redmond, flute and sax. They were good! The musical was Fiddler on the Roof, and the students were fantastic - they poured their hearts into it; it was well-paced, bursting with vitality, and the singing was pretty good to very good, and very well-amplified. Kudos to Al Stockwell, the sound engineer. We really enjoyed it. It was challenging getting in and out, but I did it unaided. My fitness watch says I walked a half-mile yesterday, and most of that was probably in the high school! Here are some shots:
Above: a packed house! Below: Exclaiming over the new sewing machine! ****************
Earlier in the afternoon I had a good session with Angelina. She does amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment