Saturday, January 7, 2023

An unexpected act of kindness !

I got up fairly promptly this morning and took the flat tire to Pete's Tire, which is where four snow ties were installed just 16 days ago - discouraging to have that new a tire go flat. It turned out there was a hole in the sidewall - tire caput! You can't repair a sidewall anymore. I assumed I would be buying a tire - hoping and expecting that it was new enough that it could be replaced with a new tire without upsetting the all-wheel-drive balance. But then something unexpected - "The manager said he would buy you a new tire out of his own pocket." Amazing! How often does he do that? I sent my profuse thanks to him. Maybe Ellen can bake something. And sure enough - a few minutes later, the guy brought my keys and said, "You're all set!" Didn't cost a cent. Wow!
********** Three cheers for Pete's Tire Barn! ***********


>LATER: On Monday, Ellen baked a big platter of cookies and I took them to Pete's Tire as a thank you. The guy at the desk said, "You didn't need to do that!" But he was pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment