Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Many things

We were at the Guilford Church Friday evening until after 10:30p.m., working on the cookie platters. But Saturday, we did not go to the Bazaar itself. Instead, we went to ELiza Bergh's house to watch the USA/Iran soccer game. It proved to be an exciting game, especially in the earlier first half, when the USA team looked aa though they could actually win! But it was not meant to be. When Iran scored goal #3, making it 3-1, that seemed to ice it for Iran. But the USA team is young, and maybe next time! Of course, a lot happens in four years. Eliza, Sarah and the girls were not there - they had gone up to Ryegate, VT to spend some time with relatives. But Cliff stayed home, so we saw him. The rest of the day is a blank - I think we were at home, and I was probably reading and working on my Bible Study course - this time on a more philosophical topic - Modernism and Post-Modernism and how they affect the interpretation of the Bible. I don't think we went anywhere else. Sunday, we went to church at Guilford and sang in the choir. It was another really lovely service, with a lot of music. In the afternoon, we had a rehearsal of River Singers - an unusual time, but Tuesday is cancelled because there is a special concert Tuesday in honor of Tony Barrand - in the tradition of the Nowell SIng We Clear concerts that would always be at this time. Everyone will be going to that. Eliza went with us and afterward we went to Allen Bros. and got pizza for supper and a bag of cider donuts. Monday morning I had an appointment with Dr. Soueid, cardiologist, about whether I should be taking an anti-coagulant to ward off a stroke because of my occasional Atrial Fibrilation. It is a complicated decision - a real balancing act of risks if you do and risks if you don't. We decided to do it, and he prescribed Eliquis. But when I picked it up (free 30-day trial) and read the information the pharmacist gives you, I saw a lot of red flags - things not really addressed in my conversation with Dr.Soueid. So I'm not opening the bottle until I talk with my PCP. I'm inclined to tilt toward not taking it. This morning I saw my opthamologist, Dr. Terrell. I mentioned the Eliquis, and his comment was, "Eliquis is not a benign drug." He has seen some patients. who have had some eye bleeding after starting Eliquis. Just the sort of thing I'm concerned about.
Sunday morning at the Guilford Church

No comments:

Post a Comment