Thursday, December 22, 2022

Being flexible

I feel that I am rolling with the punches. Mary Westbrook was supposed to lead choir on Christmas Eve, but she just doesn't feel well enough to do that and also be the accompanist. So I offered to lead the choir, selected music and set a rehearsal for Friday evening. But now the weather forecast is for snow/freezing rain for Friday evening. So I've rescheduled the rehearsal for 11a.m. Saturday. But not all can come then. One of my anthem choices needs to be rehearsed. So I may have to make a last-minute change. We'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile, Ellen got a tree at Elysian Fields tree farm. It is bigger than our usual tree and very shapely. We got it up in a tree stand this evening. It will be beautiful! I wrote my annual Christmas letter, and will mail out 11 of them tomorrow. For most recipients, however, it will be a New Year's letter. I've ordered some things for gifts that will not arrive in time for Christmas. Promisory notes! Not the first time! It snowed earlier this evening and now it's raining. Tomorrow could be real mess! But Christmas Eve and Christmas Day look ok. I feel for the many, many people whose travel plans have been cancelled or disrupted. Have a Merry Christmas! (If you can!)
Our tree

No comments:

Post a Comment