Friday, December 23, 2022

Getting ready

Today has been a day of getting ready: for company and Christmas. Jim and Mary will arrive from Maine momentarily. I vacuumed and mopped, put lights on the tree, creche figures on the mantel.
Looking like Christmas! Jim and Mary just arrived. We were going to have a Dummerston Church choir rehearsal this evening for Christmas Eve - but a "flash freeze" is forecast - after a day of rain, a sudden drop of temp to below 20 degrees, plus snow/freezing rain. So I cancelled it. We are meeting at 11 a.m. tomorrow and I'm also asking people to come at 5:30 for a 7pm service. Ellen ran some errands this afternoon, and Jim and Mary arrived while she was out. I was very pleased that I got all my vacuuming and mopping and decorating done before they arrived - the house looked really nice.
Jim and Mary talking with Ellen. Ellen is now making granola to put in a gift basket for Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment