Thursday, May 19, 2022

Lots going on

Things are getting busy! Monday I had my stress test. Tuesday, Max Feinland and his friend, Mais, came for a visit - Ellen actually went down to Northampton and got them and brought them up. Mais, who grew up in Colorado, had never seen Vermont. So he got a quick tour that included a stop at Allen Brothers in Bellows Falls for Maple Creamees! We also took some back roads to show him the Vermont countryside. Tuesday was a nice day for a drive. I think before they got me he also got a glimpse of downtown Brattleboro. Max has finished the academic year, but I think he plans to go back to Colorado for the summer to get a job and earn some money. I'm not clear on the details. Wednesday, I had a meeting of retired clergy, but in-person, not on Zoom. Unfortunately, that led to a small disaster: I had to make a U-turn to get to the house we were meeting at, and I accidently ran over some boulders that I couldn't see because they were below my line of sight over the hood. I not only damaged the bumper (again!!!) but something on the rock pierced the sidewall of my right front tire, and it went flat. So I had to call AAA, and it took them over two hours before they finally arrived. That meant I had to keep interrupting our discussion to leave the room and talk with AAA on the phone or look out the window to see if they had arrived. Sidewalls cannot be repaired, so the guy just put the donut spare tire on and that was that! I have four summer tires waiting to be mounted, but no one could do that for me right away. So I have an appointment next Monday afternoon - that was the earliest I could get an appointment, and it is at Subaru. Meanwhile we have to drive with the donut, which limts our speed. No interstate travel. We had to go to Northampton last evening for a concert of the Northampton High School Chamber Choir that Tamar is in. To get there, we traded cars with Robin Davis, and used her Honda Fit to get there. The concert was at the Smith College Chapel - Helen Hills Hills Chapel - at 7:00p.m. We originally planned to pick up Brendon first, but he decided not to go at the last minute, so we got there early. It was a beautiful concert - they are really good! It was full of people, but the audience was masked. Singers were not. A bit risky, so fingers are crossed. Tonight we have a Hallowell Rehearsal at Westminster-West Church. That will be masked. We are supposed to do a rapid test before going. Tomorrow I have a dental appointment. I just got a call to make a date for an echo-cardiogram. That will be in early June. So, as I said, things are busy!
The Northampton High School Chamber Choir at Helen Hills Hills Chapel
Getting Maple Creamees at Allen Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment