Saturday, May 21, 2022

Hallowell rehearsal

Thursday evening, we had a Hallowell rehearsal at the Westminster-West Church - another sign of a return to a former era. We were all masked, and it was a smaller group than usual, so not completely "normal," but definitely enjoyable. And for some reason, everyone sang very gently and lightly - I don't think it was just the masks. It was lovely. Peter Amidon led (Mary Cay Brass was not there for some reason), and he alternated between his choices of songs and choices called out from the group. We did two new songs - Climbing High Mountains and I am Sending you Light. The latter is particularly lovely - we had sung it previously at the Guilford Church, but it was new to most people in this group. If you want to hear this song, go to the following link: https://youtu.be/cIsZuoNFtXg
Peter Amidon leading
Part of the Hallowell group******************************************* Friday morning I had a routine dental appointment - cleaning - and everything looked good. I was actually complimented by the hygienist about how well I was taking care of my teeth! They don't give out gold stars like they did when I was a kid, but I appreciated the compliment. As Ashleigh Brilliant put it in one of his book titles: "I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent!"
An Estey Dental cubical - virtually identical to what I was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment