Friday, May 13, 2022

A surprise discovery

I got an email yesterday which really surprised me. It led to a Facebook post by the Brattleboro Historical Society which told of an event which took place 40 years ago in Brattleboro. Here is the post:
Article about a KKK rally in Brattleboro in May, 1982. Accompanying the article was a picture from the Brattleboro Reformer at that time:
Surrounding the Klan with "We Shall Overcome" - that's me in the center, leading the singing. *************************** I had no idea that that event had been written up in the Reformer, with a photograph of me, much less that it had been put up on Facebook. I remember the event very well. But suddenly, a lot of people I know were learning about it for the first time. I even got a comment from my first cousin, Francis, in Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment