Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Some big decisions

As the pandemic develops, I’m making some big decisions. First, I’ve decided to put on hold my visits to physical therapy appointments. I’ve had four visits so far, and I have exercises I can do at home. I don’t have their equipment at home - the squishy discs to stand on, etc. - but I think I can make progress. I have a dental appointment coming up in April, and I called the dentist office and learned they were closed until the end of March. Since the appointment is just for a cleaning, I think I’ll call them later and postpone that appointment as well. I also have a podiatrist appointment in early April. That needs more thought, because walking is painful, and I would like to be able to take good walks. I wonder if he would be willing to work on my foot out in the parking lot with me in the car.

What all this adds up to is that I feel I need to stay secluded until there’s a vaccine available. I really don’t want to get this virus, and I don’t think it’s going to go away anytime soon.  I can see a reasonable life staying at home, going out for walks, going out in the car, but staying away from other people, staying away from public places. That could conceivably go on for another year or so! Those are the lines I am thinking along right now, but obviously  it will have to be reevaluated every week.

I realize that this might be a God-given opportunity to do something I’ve wanted to get done for years and that is digitizing the cassette tapes of Guilford church services from the 80s and 90s, when Shirley and I were pastors, of which I have over 400. Being able to pass those on to the church as CDs rather than tapes would be great.

Meanwhile, we got a lot of snow last night. I think we got probably seven or eight inches at least. I’m not sure if Zach will be able to plow it though, because it’s pretty muddy underneath. We’ll see.

Ellen had a successful Zoom  session with her knitting companions yesterday, I think Zoom will turn out to be a very handy way to stay in touch with people. We couldn’t have done that with the old iPhone. It has too old an operating system.

New fallen snow 


No comments:

Post a Comment