Sunday, March 22, 2020

A lovely walk

Today (Sunday) we live-streamed the Guilford Church service which this week was led by Peter Amidon and a small choir. It was all about seeing everything anew in this strange time. Then after a lovely late breakfast of pancakes and sausage, we took a walk out of Dummerston Center - a cool (37 degrees) but bright, sunny day: perfect for walking. We are doing well. Katie Shay has been furloughed from her job for 90 days. She doesn't want to stay in Brooklyn all that time and may go to Boulder. Julie and Jerry may end up on the front lines of caring not virus victims, but that hasn't happened yet. Our lives are relatively untouched compared to many and there are many who are suffering.

I've had a lot of thoughts about what is happening.  Some of it makes sense and some does not. I think even the "experts" are flying blind. This is a truly unprecedented  time even though it was entirely predictable. I'm not sure, for example, what meaning a 90-day furlough has. The virus will still be around 90 days from now. I don't know how businesses are going to survive, not to mention colleges. I am very curious to see how it will all play out!

I found a prayer in Be Present Here (the collection of Shirley's prayers I published a few years ago) which seems appropriate for the times. Ah - it's on the other computer. I'll post it later with some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment