Monday, March 9, 2020

Ensconced at John and Cynthia's

I have made the move from Andy and Robin's to John and Cynthia's. I came over Sunday afternoon and spent my first night here last night. J&C bought a new futon mattress and installed it on their glassed-in (but unheated) porch, which is right off the kitchen. I wasn't sure if I would be cold on the porch, but I was plenty warm last night. However, it was very mild outside. I'm not sure what it would be like if it was cold and windy outside. I don't think it will be very cold while I'm here. I'll move back home on Wednesday, because Ellen will return late Wednesday night (actually after midnight).

I got a NYTimes yesterday and worked on the Spelling Bee (C+TAHIPR)  in the evening and this morning. I also emailed it to Ellen, but I suspect she doesn't have much time to herself. I haven't found the 3-pointer yet, and am only a little over "excellent" in the scoring so far. You need 30 points to be a genius this week. 

I slept intermittently during the night, so I made up by sleeping late this morning. I had a late breakfast, went over to the house, did some cleaning up, paid some bills, got the mail and went to the pool. They were taking precautions there re the corona virus, wiping everything down with sanitizer. There is one reported case in Vermont so far - in Bennington. But there could be unknown, "invisible" cases around.  I don't feel particularly hyper about the virus, but I am washing my hands more. Who knows what the future holds.

We just had a lovely supper prepared by John - a veggie stir-fry on rice, nicely seasoned with ginger, etc. It's really nice to have some time here.

My bed on the porch
 Things are going better than expected in New Mexico. Ellen and Susie both feel ok about Ellen returning on Wednesday. It has been really good that she has been there. I can't wait for her to get back though.


No comments:

Post a Comment