Thursday, March 5, 2020

An errand of mercy

Ellen has long-standing friends in New Mexico - Susie and Charlie. Susie is an artist, Charlie is a musicologist. They used to live in Pennsylvania, where Ellen first met them. She and I visited them years ago in Taos. Now, Charlie is dying of pancreatic cancer and Ellen offered to come out to Taos and be there to support Susie in this very difficult time. So that is where she is now - she left Bradley this morning and I hope she has arrived safely by now. Rather than stay at the house alone, I am staying with friends, Andy and Robin, at night, and going up to the house to do things during the day. This weekend I will move to John and Cynthia's house and spend the rest of the time there till Ellen returns - next Thursday as it now stands. I will be leading the Dummerston choir this Sunday, with a rehearsal Friday evening. I am fortunate to have options.

One of Susie's watercolors in a series called Mountains and Rivers
Another in the same series
 These paintings are inspired by the thirteenth-century Zen Master Dogen's Mountains and Rivers sutra.


My bedroom at the Davises









No comments:

Post a Comment