Tuesday, May 14, 2019

More familiar territory

And now I am at the Putney Public Library - another familiar place because this is where I come to transfer paper files into .pdf files by running them through the scanner. It is a nifty operation, but it is not without its challenges - first, staples have to be removed, and second, the papers have to be lined up with very even edges, and a lot of my papers have folded edges. My best efforts to create an even edge still result in paper jams in the machine - and that, of course, involves un-jamming the scanner, which can be frustrating. But I have done a lot since I got here a couple of hours ago. I found, mixed in with other, unrelated things, a musical composition by my late daughter, Betsey, titled Eggplant, written for piano and bassoon, which I have never heard. I'm wondering if there is some way I could run it through the computer and hear it performed that way.

At the Putney Public Library

The dandy scanner
The first page of Eggplant (unfortunately, Photo Booth, which is the only camera available to me at the moment - it's an app in the computer - reverses images for some reason. So you have to hold this up to a mirror to see it properly! But you get the idea. The total work is 4 pages long. I would scan it, but the blog requires a .jpg image, and won't take a .pdf file. When I get home I can take a photo with my iPhone, but I can't upload that from the house. But I can upload it tomorrow from the Guilford Church, which I will do - all 4 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment