Thursday, May 23, 2019

A little (or big?) delay

Well, wouldn't you know it? Late last night as I was returning from a trip to the ATM, the "check engine" light and the "slippery road" icon lit up on the dashboard. We were all packed up and ready to load the car this morning, but instead, now I am once again sitting in the Subaru waiting room. I did not have an appointment (obviously), so they told me "I'll need to be patient." But they have fit me in and we'll have to see what will need to be done. We may not get to Bartlett by Friday evening as planned. I guess when you have a car with 230,000 miles on it, you can't be too surprised when something goes wrong. The timing was poor, however! Have we come to that point where we need to be thinking "new car"? We had hoped to put that off for a couple of years. After all, the Corolla had 390,000 on it before we got rid of it! Sigh!
Later
We got off at 11:30. Problem? Catalytic converter. A  $2000 job, but not urgent. 



No comments:

Post a Comment