Monday, February 8, 2021

Cellphone crisis

 Yesterday was a stressful day. I hate to admit it, but problems with a cellphone can be very stressful. What happened was a lot my fault because of inattention, though there are mitigating circumstances.  

Sunday night, during the night, our iPhone automatically downloaded and installed new software which upgraded it. It sits next to the bed. I awoke to see a big "Hello" on the screen. I opened the phone to see what was happening and followed prompts. That was my big mistake. I didn't really understand what I was doing. To make a long story short, I set the phone up with a two-stage security system I did not understand and had never seen before - a 6-digit passcode and a fingertip ID. I did not write down the passcode -I thought it was temporary, not a permanent requirement. This, of course, caused problems. For some reason, the fingertip worked without the passcode, but of course it had to be my fingertip, so when Ellen was using the phone, she had to  keep coming to me for my fingertip. Later in the day it stopped working altogether.We were locked out - no passcode. I spent about 3 hours last evening getting all that fixed using WiFi, computer and Apple service up  at the church. A lot of frustration, failed efforts, and such, but final success. We missed the SuperBowl as a result. And Ellen had made snacks. WE were going to watch on the iPhone (no cable TV).

Sigh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment