Thursday, July 11, 2024

An unexpected change in plan.

Tuesday, we went to Marlboro for the 2p.m. rehearsal, intending to stay through to 6p.m. We were going to hear the Mozart Seranade in E-flat Major, K. 375, and the Shostakovich String Quartet No. 8 in C-Minor, Op. 111. All this was changed by a medical emergency. It was highly personal, so I won't discuss it at length, but just say that I was bleeding where I shouldn't be. We left to go first to Urgent Care in Brattleboro, and then the ER at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. I had tests and a CT-Scan - all without a 100% definitive diagnosis, but some hunches. All that took 5 hours or so. Now, a day later, I am home and the bleeding seems to have stopped. Ellen met Katie at Marlboro at 2p.m. today, John is here with me. Brendon actually came by for a while too. I talked with my PCP, Dr. van Dyck, on the phone this morning - she is out of town, but answers her cell phone. I feel okay, and will have a follow-up appointment soon. So I guess I'll be okay, and may never know for sure just what happened and why. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my Retired Clergy Group at the Dummerston Church, and I'll probably go to that. We are still discussing Joan Chittester's The Gift of Years , specifically the chapter on "Newness." Meanwhile, it is very hot and humid. John and I have a fan blowing on us at the moment. It helps a bit. It was pretty warm last night and I did not sleep well. I hope to get back to Marlboro. Maybe tomorrow. I wonder if crises like this will become more frequent with time?

No comments:

Post a Comment