Sunday, April 28, 2024

Big Weekend

Written earlier, on Saturday afternoon: This is going to be a full weekend. Right now we're just about to leave for our River Singers concert which is at 4pm this afternoon - we need to be there at 1:25 to rehearse. i felt sort of ill yesterday evening, but I slept reasonably well and tested negative for COVID this morning. I think I'll be okay.
Mary Cay setting up for the concert before people arrive.********* Tomorrow is church, Windham-Union Association at 2pm and Chorale concert at 4pm. LATER, on Sunday evening: Well, things didn't work out quite as I expected. The River Singers Concert on Saturday was great. We had a packed house and a lively concert. John and Cynthia were there, and Cynthia got some pics. I was pretty exhausted at the end but I got through it okay. But Saturday night, I slept poorly, and this morning, I did not feel very well. So I decided to stay home - no church, no Windham-Union meeting, no Chorale concert. Ellen went to River Singers concert - a repeat of Saturday - and that was it. It was disappointing for me - especially missing the Chorale Concert - the last one under the name "Blanche Moyse Chorale" - but I think it was wise. I slept a good part of the day. Here are Cynthia's pics:
Kathy Bullock leading a song.
Singing an African song, with hand motions.
Talking with John before the concert
With Ellen before the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment