Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Warm days of recuperation

I'm sitting by the hearth in the living-room; Ellen is reading on the couch. It is very warm, though a bit cooler here than it is outside where it is 87 degrees. If I want to get cooler, I can go downstairs where it is quite comfortable. But this is okay. I've been keeping pretty quiet this morning, but I just called to confirm an appointment with my neurologist - a date which I thought was on my computer calendar but seems now to have disappeared. I also left a message for my PCP, Dr Van Dyke - just want to bring her up-to-date and get more specific instructions on what I should be doing and not be doing exercise-wise, with my knee, especially. Otherwise, just taking it easy. I re-read Pastor Elisa's farewell letter to the Guilford Church, a very thoughtful and loving message which also holds some important challenges to the congregation. I hope everyone will reflect on it deeply. It was read during the service this past Sunday and now has been mailed out through email.*********************** I think it is going to take some time for the injuries from my fall twelve days ago to heal. They are better, but still painful. The big question in my mind is what exactly should I be doing to help them heal, and also is there anything I should NOT be doing that could aggravate the injury. ******************* I talked with my granddaughter, Katie, yesterday, and learned that she is coming out our way at the end of the month, with Christian, to be a maid of honor in a friend's wedding over in New Hampshire, and they will spend some time with us around that. In fact, the plan is that we will pick them up at the airport and drive them to the wedding, then go back two days later and bring them back here, and then back to the airport. That will be very interesting and fun. It falls on the same weekend as Savanna's memorial service, but they will be at the wedding during that time. Katie sounds good and seems to be happy. She really likes her work, and her friendships. Interesting development: her pronouns are now "they/them/their." She becomes the fourth person in Ellen's and my larger family to be exploring "gender identity" - Max, Brendon, "B," and now Katie. Quite a revolution is going on under our noses. ********************** Pastor Elisa sent her letter out under this photo she took of a sculpture over in Bennington:

No comments:

Post a Comment