Thursday, September 28, 2023

Big weekend coming!

The next few days are full to the brim! Katie and Christian arrive at Bradley Field near Hartford, CT late tonight - 11:41 p.m. - and will go into a Days Inn motel via shuttle near the airport. Tomorrow morning, Ellen and I will drive down to the motel and pick them up and bring them to the Enterprise Rental agency in Brattleboro where I have reserved a car. They'll drive to NH for the wedding Katie is in and come back Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile, Ellen will bake and I will vacuum and mop Friday afternoon, and at 6 p.m. Jim and Mary will meet us at Panda North; John and Cynthia will join us. I'm looking forward to having Mala Tofu, my favorite dish at Panda North. After supper, Jim and Mary will come home with us and spend the night. Saturday is the big day: Savanna's memorial service, followed by a reception, followed by a family supper at Julie's. Ellen has a big role in the food part of all that. We are also both readers in the service. Jerry Hochberger's service will be going on at the same time out in Batavia, IL, and Daniel Crockett will be reading something I wrote for that. Katie and Christian will be here at the house from Sunday through Tuesday, when we'll take them back to Bradley airport to fly back to St. Louis. I'm not sure just how we will spend that time together, but I'm sure John and Cyntha will be part of it. So that is what the next four days look like.
Christian and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment